A year in review.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Came out! That kinda sucked. Had sex. That was kinda fun! ;P
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did! For about a month. I got a 6 pack only to realize if I lifted my tits, I would have noticed I had a baby 8 pack! BOOYA!! Then I lost it after 3 months…..
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My family is old. People die all the time.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Faith in myself and my abilities.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Not a day, but the week my mom didn’t sleep because I told her I was gay. Not fun.
Omg!!! THE NIGHT I GOT INTO A POLICE RAID!!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Coming out to my friends.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing all my classes and MOVING BACK HOME!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I’m pretty sure I had a mental breakdown….
11. What was the best thing you bought?
MY CAR!!!! Oh Cheryl…
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My youngest brother surprisingly. He’s the only person in my family to support me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My Mom, Dad, Sister, and Eldest Brother.
14. Where did most of your money go?
MY CAR! Damn u Cheryl…..
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All the traveling I did. I drove all over this year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I love Your Girl by The Dream
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. richer or poorer? SO much poorer….
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Talked. I didn’t talk to anyone about what I was going through really.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Years?
I SPENT IT ON THE DANCE FLOOR!
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2008?
Telling my mother I failed.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
HaHa! A couple of times!
23. How many one-night stands?
One. And another one that lasted for 2 months. Lol!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don’t hate anyone. Even that chick that tried to beat me up on new years…..
26. What was the best book you read?
Why don’t I read?!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
An Horse. AN FRIGGIN HORSE!!!
28. What did you want and get?
My heart broken.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Wall-E and the Dark Knight. Everything else was just ok.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21. And I really don’t remember the party. I was told I had a blast though….
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My parents accepting me.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Omg….Suits and sweats. That’s all I wore.
34. What kept you sane?
Nothing. I went nuts.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None. I was TOTALLY focused on me.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Sarah Palin. All by herself.
37. Who did you miss?
MOLLY!!!! Never realized how much she kept me sane.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sara. Love her.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
My world fell apart. Totally fell apart. Everything I thought I knew turned out to be wrong. The past 5 years of my life looked like a lie. My values changed. My life goals changed. My familial relationships have been ripped to shreds. But the worst bit was that I lost faith in myself and lost who I was. I will never do that again. I am THE MOST important thing in my life. I have to cater to myself first and others later.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This is a song for the one that I love.
I haven’t met them yet, but I’m quietly confident.
Oh, what if like you said,
What I’m looking for, doesn’t exist
Oh, I have to believe it does... Cuz
It’s ok to fall down.
It’s Ok to crumble.
An Horse - Camp Out